How to operate a mini spray dryer?
Click picture to refer to details of SD-18A mini spray dryer
Below is operation steps refer to our mini spray dryer SD-18A:
- Plug the main power cord into the prepared socket.
- Turn on the main power switch, and the digital block on the panel starts to display.
- Set the circulating air volume of the ring fan, and set it arbitrarily within the range of 20% -100%. Turn on the ring fan after setting.
- Set the temperature of the air inlet according to the user’s needs. It can be arbitrarily set between room temperature + 5 ° C-240 ° C. After setting, turn on the heating switch.
- Turn on the rotary switch of the magnetic stirrer to make the material mix well and stir for later use.
- Set the rotation speed of the peristaltic pump to be selected within the range of (0-100%).
- When the air inlet temperature display is the same as the set temperature display or the outlet temperature display has exceeded 90 ° C, test spraying can be performed.
- Turn on the air compressor and adjust the outlet pressure between 5Kg and 8 Kg.
- Turn on the high-pressure gas flow meter so that the gas output is about 10 liters / minute.
- Insert the infusion tube of the loading peristaltic pump into clean water.
- Turn on the peristaltic pump for loading and adjust the pressure plate of the peristaltic pump so that the roller of the peristaltic pump rotates smoothly and liquid flows.
- Observe the atomization state of the nozzle at the upper end of the drying tower and the drying condition in the drying tower, and observe the temperature display of the air outlet. At this time, you can set the flow of high-pressure gas, the amount of sample pump solution, and the temperature of the air inlet. , Circulating air volume and other comprehensive adjustments, until the spray dryer system is stable, the test spraying work is over.
- After confirming that the spray dryer system has reached the preset targets and the operation is normal and stable, you can enter the spray drying process of the formal liquid material.
Analysis of various problems in the use of small spray dryers
During the operation of the spray drying equipment, there may be some problems. These problems are relatively common and easy to deal with. Maintaining scientific and rigorous operating habits is not only a guarantee for the normal operation of the equipment, but also a guarantee for improving work efficiency and saving costs.
The following are the more common problems and solutions generated during the use of small spray dryers:
1.Wet powder adhered to the inner wall of the spray dryer main tower
Reasons: The material feed rate is too fast and the amount is too large, resulting in incomplete drying; Failure to follow the operation in the equipment operation manual, the main tower of the equipment is not heated;
Solution: slow down the feeding speed and quantity, adjust the feed pump appropriately; increase the inlet and outlet temperature; observe whether the equipment is blocked by materials;
2. There are a lot of impurities in the product
Reason: The source of impurities is mainly that the drying medium contains impurities, the purity of the material and liquid is not high, and there are impurities in the spray dryer.
Solution: Check the air filter and replace the filter which has been in use for a long time; carry out a sampling test on the liquid material to filter its impurities; thoroughly clean the equipment.
3. The phenomenon of running powder is serious, and the recovery rate of the product is very low.
Reason: Cyclone separator has problems and low dust removal performance
Solution: Check whether there is a gap in the cyclone and whether the airtightness is intact. Properly increase secondary dust removal according to material characteristics.
4.The product particles are too fine or too large
Reason: The solid content of the feed liquid is too low, and the feed processing volume is too low will cause the product powder to be too fine. The reason for the excessively large particles is that the wind pressure is too low, the heat is insufficient, and the water content of the material liquid is too high.
Solution: Too fine particles need to increase the solid content of the liquid; properly increase the amount of feed while increasing the inlet air temperature to prevent incomplete drying; excessively large particles need to adjust the air pressure appropriately and test the heating system to determine whether the heat is satisfied Demand, control the moisture content of the material.