Glass fermentation tanks/Bioreactor are often used in scientific research institutes, colleges and universities and corporate microbiology laboratories. They are suitable for screening of microbial fermentation medium formula, optimization of fermentation process parameters, verification of production processes and strains, and are ideal test equipment for precision fermentation. .
As the application range of fermentation tanks/Bioreactor becomes more and more extensive, the knowledge about glass fermentation tanks is more and more consulted by customers. Today, we have summarized the application, use, sterilization and cleaning knowledge of glass fermentation tanks.
I. Application fields of glass fermentation tank/Bioreactor
1. Use in the food industry: There are three main types of goods, one is the production of traditional fermented goods, such as beer, fruit wine, vinegar, etc .; the second is the production of food additives; the third is to help solve food problems.
2. Use in the pharmaceutical industry: According to fermentation engineering skills, a variety of drugs have been developed, such as human growth hormone, recombinant hepatitis B vaccine, monoclonal antibodies of certain varieties, interleukin-2, anti-hemophilia factors, etc. .
3. Use in the field of environmental science: fortification of microorganisms in sewage treatment.
II. Use of glass fermentation tank/Bioreactor
1. Before using the glass fermentation tank, the liquid tank must be cleaned with fresh hot water and then sterilized with steam. The material slurry enters the tank from the material tube fixed on the cylinder head, or the cylinder head is opened and poured. Too full, so as not to splash outside when the material is stirred, causing unsanitary or loss of environment.
2. Heating method: When heating, the refrigerant inlet pipe valve must be closed, the remaining refrigerant in the jacket is put in, and then the materials are input, the agitator is turned on, and then the steam valve is turned on.
3. When the required temperature is reached, the steam valve should be closed first, and the stirrer should be closed after 2-3 minutes.
4. Cooling method: Close the steam valve, drain the remaining steam condensate from the jacket, and then open the refrigerant valve at the bottom of the tank. Pass the refrigerant through the jacket to reduce the temperature of the material in the tank.
5. Insulation: According to the required temperature, start the stirrer, adjust the valve, maintain the temperature, (note the temperature table), in order to achieve the purpose of insulation.
III. Sterilization method of glass fermentation tank/Bioreactor
“Sterilization” refers to the use of chemical or physical methods to kill or remove all living materials in materials and equipment. Technology or process sterilization can be divided into two types: sterilization and bacteriolysis. The former means that although the bacteria are dead, However, the shape still exists, the latter refers to the phenomenon of lysis and disappearance of the cells after the bacteria are killed.
The commonly used sterilization techniques are generally divided into: physical sterilization and chemical sterilization. Physical sterilization includes wet heat sterilization, dry heat sterilization, radiation sterilization, and filter sterilization. The chemical sterilization is mainly the use of chemical reagents (such as formaldehyde, phenol, Xinjieer, peroxyacetic acid, potassium permanganate, etc.) to sterilize certain containers or materials and sterile areas.
In terms of biological fermentation, the commonly used equipment is mechanical stirring fermentation. The quality of its sterilization effect directly affects whether the fermentation can be performed normally.
IV. Cleaning method of glass fermentation tank/Bioreactor
The glass fermenter should be carefully cleaned before and after use, especially when different strains are used for the two cultures before and after, the cleaning and sterilization work should be paid more attention to. Any part of the glass fermenter that can be cleaned should be carefully cleaned, otherwise it may become a breeding ground for miscellaneous bacteria. The areas that are easily overlooked and cannot be cleaned are the inside of the nozzle corner, the inside of the sampling tube, and the top of the tank.