Large-scale rotary evaporator is an instrument mainly used to continuously distill a large amount of volatile solvents under reduced pressure. Especially for the concentration of the extract and the distillation of the receiving liquid during chromatographic separation, the reaction product can be separated and purified. Its basic principle is vacuum distillation. Generally speaking, the “boiling point” of a liquid refers to the temperature when its vapor pressure is equal to the external pressure. Therefore, the boiling point of the liquid will change with the change of the external pressure. If the pressure in the system is reduced by means of a vacuum pump, the liquid can be reduced. Boiling point, in this way, for those substances that will be thermally decomposed, oxidized or polymerized before reaching the boiling point during atmospheric distillation, they can be distilled out before decomposition. So what should we do? Continue to look down.
Operating procedure of rotary evaporator:
1. Use and maintain the instrument correctly to ensure the smooth progress of the inspection work and the safety of the equipment for the personal safety of the operators.
2. Scope of application This machine is suitable for the concentration of pesticide residues, volatile organic compounds, PCB homologues, aromatic hydrocarbon compounds and other samples.
3.1 The operator operates the instrument in accordance with this regulation, performs routine maintenance on the instrument, and makes use of registration.
3.2 The custodian is responsible for supervising whether the instrument conforms to the regulations, performing routine maintenance on the instrument, and performing regular maintenance and maintenance of the instrument.
3.3 The testing room is responsible for the comprehensive management of the instrument.
4. Operating procedures
4.1 Turn on the power: the five-core plug is inserted into the socket at the back of the box, and the three-core plug is inserted into the 220V/50HZ socket.
4.2 Adjust the height of the host head: first loosen the T-shaped screw on the back of the control box, hold the head with your left hand, and turn the lifting handwheel with your right hand. After reaching the required height, stop turning and tighten the T-shaped screw.
4.3 Adjust the angle of the host head: loosen the cross screw, the transmission evaporation system of the host head, glass parts, and evaporating flask can be tilted arbitrarily in the range of 0-45° in the horizontal direction. After reaching the angle you need, rotate it. Tighten the Phillips screws.
After using the instrument, you must take appropriate maintenance measures to avoid various failures that affect subsequent use. The following are some maintenance instructions shared by Yuxiang experts:
Maintenance instructions for large rotary evaporators:
1. Check the instrument carefully before use. Whether the glass bottle is damaged and whether the interfaces are consistent. Please handle it gently.
2. Wipe each interface with a soft cloth (can be replaced by napkin), and then apply a little vacuum grease. Be sure to cover the vacuum grease after use to prevent dust from entering.
3. Each interface should not be tightened too tightly, and should be loosened regularly to avoid long-term locking and causing the connector to seize.
4. Turn on the power switch first, then let the machine run from slow to fast, and then turn off the switch when the machine is stopped.
5. Teflon switches everywhere can’t be tightened too hard, it is easy to damage the glass.
6. After each use, you must use a soft cloth to wipe off all kinds of oil stains, stains, and solvent remaining on the surface of the machine to keep it clean.
7. Loosen the PTFE switches after the machine stops, and the PTFE piston will be deformed if it is in the working state for a long time.
8. Clean the sealing ring regularly by removing the sealing ring, checking whether there is dirt on the shaft, wiping it with a soft cloth, then applying a little vacuum grease and reinstalling it to keep the shaft and the sealing ring smooth.
9. The electrical parts must not be exposed to water and damp.
What if the instrument fails by accident? The following are the corresponding common methods, for reference only:
Large-scale rotary evaporator electronic stepless speed regulation, fast and automatic temperature rise and fall speed LCD display, touch switch, room temperature 99℃. Fully enclosed heater.
The large rotary evaporator can rotate to form a thin film under the conditions of constant temperature heating and negative pressure, efficiently evaporate, and then cool to recover the solvent. It is especially suitable for crystallization, separation, solvent recovery and other operations of heat-sensitive materials. Some models can also be used for reflux extraction. It is an important instrument and equipment for scientific research and production in the biological, pharmaceutical, chemical, and food industries.
- Unique sealing structure and selected sealing materials, strong corrosion resistance;
- High evaporation efficiency, high recovery rate;
- Modular series design, strong scalability;
- Convenient assembly and disassembly, convenient operation, and convenient maintenance;
- Stainless steel chassis, column, vertical shaft, aluminum alloy castings, beautiful appearance, corrosion resistance;
- The key seals and electronic originals are imported parts;
- Rotary evaporator can be divided into electric lifting, manual lifting, the size of the solvent can be determined according to the use of the laboratory;